- Sugar Mill Veterinary Center was officially opened in December 2008
- The Inn at Sugar Mill opened in May of 2009
- The Inn was expanded to include additional kennels in the renovated Sugar Mill in 2011
Sugar Mill Veterinary Center is a boutique veterinary practice specializing in feline medicine, holistic healthcare, and pet wellness in a state of the art and environmentally friendly facility. At SMVC we evaluate each patient from nose to tail and assess overall wellness and preventative veterinary care. Our services are open and available to the entire St. Croix community by appointment and we strive to build lasting and meaningful relationships with our clients and their four legged family members.
Our boarding facility, The Inn at Sugar Mill, is the only free standing pet hotel on the island of St. Croix and our canine guests enjoy ample green space including walking trails and Solja’s dog park.
The Sunshine Foundation, our 501c3 nonprofit organization, created the first program on island for feral cats. We continue to offer our TNVR (trap, neuter, vaccinate, and return) program to the community and to work with partner rescue groups on island including Real Cruzan Cats as well as Ruff Start Rescue on special events and cases.
Sugar Mill Veterinary Hospital is conveniently located off the Northside road in La Grande Princess, (on the same road with the Hibiscus and Palms hotels) before the turn into the road to Manor School. Just look for the Sugar Mill at the top of the hill!
- Emergency cases shall always receive top priority, which is why occasional appointment delay is inevitable.
- Please realize that we make a sincere attempt to see each client on time.
Patient Arrival Policy
- For your protection, and that of others, all dogs must be on leash and properly controlled while in the waiting area or exam rooms.
- All cats must be presented in an appropriate cat carrier or on leash.
- For the safety of all animals in our care, we require that all vaccinations be up to date.
- Though we make every effort to make our patients feel comfortable during visits, they may be a little uneasy about new people, new surroundings and other pets. This is one of the reasons we ask you to restrain your pet.
- We require payments in full at the time that services are rendered.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, and cash.
- We do not collect or give out any information to any third party vendors or internet businesses. It’s that simple! And we strictly adhere to this policy.
- Sugar Mill Veterinary Center recognizes the importance of protecting the personal privacy of its clients, its patients and those individuals who simply visit our site.
- Your privacy is also protected in our hospital. At no time is any information given out about the client or the pet without the consent of the owner.